Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Glitter Shoes

This project was a lot of fun. So fun in fact, I made two pair! I've been seeing glitter shoes everywhere. They are a fun, flirty addition to an outfit. I'm in love with teals and aquas....so, when I saw this tutorial on Pinterest, I knew my glitter shoes had to be teal!


Inspiration


Supplies

  • Glitter (about 2 oz...maybe a little more)
  • Mod Podge (about 2 oz)
  • Sponge Brush
  • Clear coat spray
  • Pair of shoes





If your shoes are made of  slicker material, you may want to buff them a bit with sandpaper or a file so the Mod Podge adheres well. 


Then, mix your Mod Podge and glitter in a bowl or cup. Make sure you mix it very well! 


If your shoes have a noticeable sole, cover it with masking tape to prevent it from getting glitter on it. 




Now, start coating the Mod Podge and Glitter mix on. It looks weird but as you add coats, it starts to look better. Be sure to let the Mod Podge dry in between each coat. Took about 20-25 minutes to dry.


1st Coat:




2nd Coat:




Completed Projects: 







I had to do about 4 coats on each shoe. After the 4th coat dried, I sprayed mine with a healthy coat of clear gloss spray.


I love these shoes! I already had the shoes, so, this project was definitely on the cheap. I'm so excited to wear them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment