Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Double Strand Beaded Ribbon Necklace

I made a couple of these necklaces a few months ago as Christmas gifts. I had a lot of fun making them, so, I thought I'd make another one and share it!

Inspiration
 

Supplies
  • Beaded strand (or a necklace folded in half)
  • Ribbon
  • Embellishment
  • Simple fabric flower

First, string your beads. I did a pattern of seed bead, glass bead, etc. on elastic beading string and tie end together. You could also use a necklace folded in half.


Then, tie a strand of ribbon to one side. Do the same on the other side.

Attach your embellishments to hide where the ribbon attaches to the beaded strand. You can use old earrings, larger beads, metal pieces...whatever you prefer. I used some metal embellishments. Then, add your simple fabric flower. (tutorial here)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment