Wednesday, February 15, 2012

DIY Necklace Display

I've noticed that it's often hard to get a good photo of a necklace with it laying flat. Usually you want it to be seen as it would if it were on someone. So, when I saw this simple and cheap DIY project on Pinterest, I thought it was genius! 

Inspiration

Supplies
  • Cardboard (or poster board) 12.5" x 10"
  • Scissors
  • Thin elastic
  • 2 beads
  • Template

First, I printed the template that was provided on STELLA + HODGE. Since my printer doesn't print any larger than 8.5" x 11", I printed half the template and cut it out. Then, I would just flip it over to the other side to mirror the image on my poster board.


Cut your cardboard or poster board down to 12.5" x 10" and lay the template on top. Cut out the image. Fold your cut out image on the dotted lines of the template. Punch a small hole on either side of the back ends. Insert the thin elastic and tie with a bead. Stretch the elastic to the other side and do the same. Viola! 


 Super easy and super simple! Thanks to this awesome tutorial with a super easy template to follow! I now can display my necklaces! Hopefully this will come in handy in future ventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment