Monday, February 13, 2012

Clutser Beaded Necklace

After having success with the cluster beaded bracelet a couple of days ago, I thought I would make this cluster beaded necklace. The post on Pinterest caught my eye. 

Inspiration
Supplies
  • Large rounded beads
  • Smaller rounded beads
  • Seed beads
  • Bead cord
  • 2" head pins
  • Clasp
  • Round nose pliers
  • Scissors
  • Wire cutters



First, attach one side of the clasp to one end of the bead cord. Start stringing your beads. I did a repeating pattern of a seed bead, smaller bead, seed bead, etc. until I got to the middle of the neckalce. Then, I did a seed bead, large bead, etc. and used four large beads at the center. I used 20 smaller rounded beads on each side. Add the other end of the clasp to the end of the bead cord after you are done stringing your beads.


Next, put a large rounded bead on a head pin. Clip the pin leaving just enough to make a loop. Loop the pin around the bead cord in between a large bead and a seed bead. Continue to follow this step until you have the volume of beads you prefer. I used both large and small rounded beads to create volume. 



I liked this project a lot. I would love to do this necklace again in a different color!

No comments:

Post a Comment