Friday, February 10, 2012

Upcycled Cardigan

Well, it's been a month since I started the blog! I've had so much fun creating all kinds of cool stuff. This project is a pretty easy one. I don't know about you but I tend to keep articles of clothing that I probably shouldn't. I'm particularly bad about keeping things that don't really fit that I've had for years. My reasoning is simple, I really like something about it and I think it adds something to my wardrobe. However, I can't wear it (even though I may really want to) because it just doesn't fit. So, when I found this post on Pinterest about upcycling an old long sleeved t-shirt, I got really excited because I have one that I love the stripes (the whole reason I wouldn't let it go) but it just doesn't fit and work for me as a shirt. 

Inspiration

Supplies
  • Old Long Sleeve T-Shirt
  • Thread
  • Sewing Maching
  • Scissors

*Note: if you don't sew, you can use this awesome iron on threading. :)

First, lay the shirt out flat. Cut straight up the center of the front of the shirt.


Then, pin a seam on each side of the cut edge. You wouldn't do this step if you're planning on using the iron on stitching.


Sew a seam on each side. This is where you could use the iron on stitching.


Now, you have a new cardigan! You could add a button if you'd like as well.


I'm very excited about this! I'm so glad that I get to wear this shirt again. I love upcycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment