Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bow Clutch

Like most females, I love purses, handbags and clutches! They are just a nice addition as an accessory piece to any outfit. So, when I saw this post on Pinterest I thought I'd give it a try! I have never constructed a clutch or any kind of bag from scratch before, so, this was a new experience for me!

Inspiration


Supplies
  • Fabric for outside of clutch (2 pieces 9" x 5")
  • Matching Fabric for bow (a piece about an inch longer than the clutch)
  • Fabric for lining (2 pieces 9" x 5")
  • Thread
  • Zipper


First, sew hems on both straight sides of the bow piece.


Take a scrap piece of fabric and make a loop for the middle of the bow.


Make the bow by sliding the loop to the middle. Then, attach the bow to one of the pieces of the clutch by sewing around the curved edges.


Now, sandwich the zipper in between a piece of lining and a piece of the outside clutch and sew. Do the same for the other side.

 

 

Flip the clutch so the two lining sides are together (but inside out) and the two clutch sides are together (but inside out). Sew seams on the clutch side and also the lining side. Be sure to leave a hole in the lining so you can turn the clutch right side in.


Turn the clutch right side in and sew the hole in the lining. 


Now, you have a completed clutch. However, I like having a wristlet on my clutches. So, I took two strips of the fabric and created a loop so I can wear it on my wrist.


I absolutely LOVE this clutch! I found the fabric on clearance at Hobby Lobby for $3. I already had fabric for the lining and the zipper was about $2 at Hobby Lobby. So, for $5 I have this super cute clutch to carry around!

No comments:

Post a Comment