Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Banana Bread Muffins

I thought I would try another recipe. I love bananas. On the last grocery trip, I bought a few. I couldn't eat them all fast enough before they went super ripe. Luckily, I found this recipe so I didn't have to throw them out.

Inspiration


Ingredients
  • 3 Very ripe bananas, mashed
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 & 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup of brown sugar
  • 1/2 stick of butter
  • 2 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • Optional  – a little splash of liquor, I used rum.
This is a simple recipe that is absolutely as delicious as it sounds! I got this recipe from a blogger's mom's recipe...and it's exactly what you would hope a mother's recipe would be!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

First in a little bowl you need to separate the egg whites and blend them until frothy. Put the eggs yolks in a larger bowl to use in the next step.

In a big bowl mix the sugar, yolks and melted butter.


Add bananas slowly to mix taking turns with the flour.


Add all the rest of the ingredients and the egg whites you mixed first.

Take a muffin pan and either in set liners or spray with nonstick spray. Fill each about 2/3. You can top with chocolate chips, nut, etc. Place in oven for about 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick or fork comes out clean.


Enjoy! These are truly delicious muffins!



No comments:

Post a Comment