Friday, February 17, 2012

Maxi Skirt

I've noticed that maxi skirts are becoming super popular for the upcoming spring and summer. So, of course I want one! I used inspiration from this post to create my own! It's actually just a photo from Nordstrom that I used to mimic my own.

Inspiration


Supplies
  • 1 1/2 yards of 60" wide jersey fabric
  • Thread
  • Sewing machine
  • Scissors
  • Measuring tape

First, hold the fabric up to yourself. Mark where the extra is that gives you your desired length. I took several inches off. This fabric will be used for the waistband. Cut the rest of the fabric in half to give you both sides of the skirt.


Then, wrap that extra fabric around your waist. Cut it right where it meets. Sew it into a tube and turn it right side in.


Use pins to connect the two pieces up the side seams. I used the extra scraps from the waistband to make pockets.


Sew the side seams. Attach the skirt to the waistband at the seam of the waistband. Adding gathers as you go. 


If you use stretch jersey fabric you won't need to hem it because it will roll up. Otherwise, now you can add a hem.

Now you have your own super cute maxi skirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment