Sunday, January 15, 2012

Simple Fabric Flowers

I have now discovered a new obsession with making these fabric flowers. They are super easy and fun to make. They also have lots of different uses to add a little something or a pop of color to any outfit! I've seen these used for necklaces, broches, headbands, bobby pins, shoe clips and much much more. Today, I created a few to make a necklace and one as a pin.

Inspirations



Supplies
  • Cotton Fabric
  • Hot Glue
  • Scissors
  • Clip/Pin Backing
  • Necklace Chain
  • Cardstock








First, I made a circular template that was three inches in diameter. Depending on how big you want your flower will determine how large you want to make your template. My three inch template made a three inch flower.

Then, I used the template to cut out ten circles per flower. I made four flowers so I cut out 40 circles.



Next, you take one circle to use as the backing. Then, you take another circle and fold it in half once and then fold it in half again.


Now, add a small dot of hot glue to the center of the backing circle and glue the bottom tip of the folded circle to it.



To add texture I alternated the double folded circle with a circle that I folded the sides in.


I glued four flowers on the first row. Two double folded circles and two side folded circles. Then, I glued down the second row of circles following the same procedure.


For the center, I did a tighter version of the side folded circle and then cut the bottom off and attached it to the flower with a lot of hot glue.


Here's the completed flower.


Since I made four, I added a Clip/Pin backing that I got from Hobby Lobby to one and made a necklace by hot gluing three flowers to a chain necklance I also got from Hobby Lobby.



These flowers are so addicting and so much fun to make! You'll want to make one in every color. I add one to my scarves as an added touch to outfits. 




1 comment: