Saturday, January 14, 2012

Beaded Knot Necklace

I have a HUGE obsession with clothing and accessories! So, for today's project I decided to make a necklace that I saw on Pinterest that I really liked. It's a beaded knot necklace.

Inspiration

Supplies
  • Small Beads (lots of them!)
  • Thread
  • Needle
  • Clasp (your choice)
  • Patience




 First, I started to string the beads onto the thread. I made it a little longer than what I wanted it to be around my neck to give room for the knot.



The inspiration photo has a lot more strands of beads than what I decided to do. 


After that, I separated them into two groups of three and tied them together. 


Then, I made the knot. You can see how to tie the knot by clicking here. It's the Carrick Bend Knot.


After that I tied each end together and added the clasp. 




I'm really happy with how it all turned out. It was a pretty time consuming project but it was a lot of fun. To keep from getting too bored with beading for hours, I multi-tasked and caught up on the TV series "Once Upon a Time."

No comments:

Post a Comment