Friday, January 20, 2012

Braided Infinity Scarf

I'm a HUGE fan of scarves. I just love them! They are one of my favorite Fall and Winter accessories. When I saw this tutorial for a braided infinity scarf, I just had to add it to my scarf collection. It's pretty simple too.

Inspiration

Supplies
  • Jersey Knit Material (I used 20" wide by 2 yards long and a strip of 9" wide by 2 yards long)
  • Thread
  • Needle 
  • Scissors
  • Stick pins


First, I cut the 9" wide strip into three sections, each 3" wide. 

Next, braid the strip. Then, sew both ends together.



 Next, pin the two ends of the 20 inch by 2 yards fabric together.


Then, stitch it together. I did mine by hand because I haven't sat down to read my manual for my new sewing machine yet....on the to do list!


Now flip it.



I didn't attach my braided piece to my scarf...I like having options. I want to be able to wear it with or without the braid. Here it is all together.


I love it. I can't wait to wear it! It was a pretty simple project. It would have been way faster with a sewing machine though. I really need to get on that! I have so many crafts I want to sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment