Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Beaded Double Wrap Bracelet

I have become addicted to double wrap bracelets. I think it all started when Pandora came out with their leather braided wrap bracelets. Since then I have a red Pandora double wrap leather braided bracelet and a double wrap watch from The Limited. So, when I discovered this Pinterest picture I flipped and knew I HAD to make me some of these. 

Inspiration

Supplies
  • Cord (Leather, Hemp, etc)
  • Beads
  • Thread
  • Needle
  • Button or 16 Gauge Wire
  • Scissors



This is a pretty complicated project to explain. So, I'm doing this post a bit differently. I created a (pretty pitiful) diagram that shows the steps to making one of these bracelets.

Here are my photos from the bracelets I made.



For this bracelet I used large, oddly shaped plastic beads.


 For this one I used much smaller glass beads.


I made the wire twists myself. This is the "button" that goes through the loop to clasp the bracelet. I used 16 gauge wire and rounded needle nose pliers to created it. 

I love these bracelets! They can take a little while to make depending on the bead size and how long you want it. I just kept wrapping it around my wrist as I went to make sure I made it the right length. They're a lot of fun to make. I plan on making several more to go with all of my different outfits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment