Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pom Pom Necklace and Earrings

Today, I finally got around to making a necklace that I saw on Pinterest a while ago. Since I was finally sitting down and doing it, I decided to make a pair of matching earrings too.


Inspiration


Supplies
  • Fabric (I used an old t-shirt)
  • Necklace Chain
  • Blank Circle Charms
  • Earrings
  • Hot Glue
  • Scissors
  • Thin Marker






First, trace your charm on the fabric with the thin marker and cut the circles out. There are a couple of ways to do this. You can either trace several circles or what I did was trace one circle and folded the fabric a few times and cut several circles out at once. I used about 10 circles for the necklace and about eight for each of the earrings.


Next, grab the first circle in the middle and make it kind of bunched. I found it easy to use a small screw driver to poke the middle down. You could also use a toothpick.


Then, add a dab of hot glue to the charm and secure your fabric circle. Continue to do this until you are happy with the fullness and shape of your pom pom. Follow these steps to make the earrings.


That's it! Now you have a shabby chic set of necklace and earrings!

No comments:

Post a Comment