Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Craft Caddy

So, I'm still working on getting my crafting station set up and organized. Last night I created a caddy to help with my organization. Here's how it went.

Inspiration

I found this picture on Pinterest and though it was super cool. I decided to hit up my local Goodwill to see if I could find some similar items to make my own. 

Supplies

  • Paper Towel Holder
  • 4 small glass containers
  • Acrylic Paint
  • Spray Paint
  • Hot glue gun
  • Circular Clamps
  • Paint Brush


Here are my items.


First, I painted my glass. I did this by squirting some of the acrylic paint into the bottom of each glass and then adding some water to it.



Next, I rotated the glass so that the paint moved and coated the entire inside of the glass. 


After I did this with all four of my glasses, I set them upside down to drain the extra paint out. 


Later i turned them upright so they could dry. While they dried, I attached the circular clamps to the paper towel holder with lots of hot glue.


Then, I took it outside and sprayed it black.


After it dried, I attached the dried glasses with the circular clamps by tightening them around the top of the glasses and adding hot glue. 


Here it is with some of my supplies!

This project was a lot of fun. I didn't make the exact same thing as my inspiration but I had a blast finding the materials and figuring out how to make it all work! Now I have a perfect caddy that keeps all of my supplies close at hand and for less than $10!

No comments:

Post a Comment