Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Raised Beaded Wrap Bracelet

Like I've said before....I LOVE wrap bracelets. This one is a slight variation from the beaded wrap bracelet I made previously.

Inspiration



Supplies

  • Leather or Hemp Cord
  • Beads
  • Thread
  • Fastener
  • Scissors
  • Needle



First, cut your cord to size. I doubled it up and wrapped it around my wrist three times. The length will vary due to wrist size and how many times you want it to wrap. Then, knot a loop at one end.


Next, cut a long length of thread and start stringing your beads. I measured the string to my cord and cut it to size. I also used a needle to help with stringing the beads. 


After you're done stringing the beads, tie another long piece of thread to the looped end of the cord. Then, lay the string of beads on top of the cord on the seam where the two lengths of cord meet. Now start wrapping the thread in between each bead.


Once you're finished with the longest and most tedious part of the bracelet, tie another knot at the end. Be sure to leave room to add your fastener. I, again, used a wire spiral I made from 18 gauge wire. 


That's it! It takes a bit of time and patience, but you get a beautiful wrap bracelet in return...and on the cheap!


Ok, so now I'll try to stop making bracelets for a few days and change it up some!

No comments:

Post a Comment