Saturday, January 21, 2012

Fabric Wrapped Headband

Today, I tried a pretty simple project that I found on Pinterest. When I had longer hair, I would wear a lot of scarves and headbands. For the last several years I've had a short bob hair style and I've found it a bit more difficult to style my hair with headbands and scarves. I sometimes get weird bumps or random pieces of hair that stick out or something. So, when I saw this tutorial I was pretty excited.


Inspiration

Supplies
  • Headband
  • Long strip of fabric
  • Thread
  • Needle
  • Stick pins




 
First, take your fabric and tied a knot around the headband. I tied mine off centered slightly.
Next, I used the stick pins to hold the fabric in place after I wrapped it around the headband.
Then, I just stitched up a seam on the inside.


 Here are the finished products. 


I thought this project was cool because now I have headbands that look like scarves but I don't have to worry about my short hair in the back! This was also super cheap. I already had a couple of headbands and I just used old shirts for the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment