Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Green Monster Smoothie

So, I decided to make my first recipe for the blog last night! I'm trying to lose a little bit of weight, so, I'm trying to eat healthier. My friend at work (Thanks Lacey!) told me about the Green Monster Smoothie. It's pretty similar to the "Naked" drinks that have become pretty popular. However, this is much less expensive. Of course Pinterest has several recipes for this smoothie. 

Inspiration

Ingredients

  • 1 Cup Milk (of your choice)
  • 1 Tbsp Nut Butter (of your choice)
  • 2 Handfuls of Spinach
  • 1 Banana (cut into large pieces and frozen)
  • Blender



It's a very simple recipe. Just put it all in your blender. It's best to do it in this order: add your 1 cup of milk, 1 tbsp of nut butter, throw in the two handfuls of spinach and place the cut up frozen banana on top. 






It definitely looks pretty gross. I was skeptical for sure. However, it is surprisingly good. The banana and nut butter help disguise the taste of the spinach. You can change up the ingredients to make it your own. You can add more fruit (apples, grapefruit, berries, etc), change the greens to something like kale, use yogurt instead of milk or add grains like oats. Personally I used light vanilla soy milk, Nutella, spinach and a banana and I thought it was pretty good. It also kept me full until lunch time! For those of you who are on Weight Watcher's Points Plus like me, the way I made it was only 5 points! To get as much as you do and for it to be so filling...5 points isn't too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment