Thursday, January 19, 2012

Country Club Chicken Pasta

Last night I challenged myself in the kitchen! I love to bake but cooking isn't really my strength. I usually take the easy way out with very simple meals. However, I'll go all out for a pie or cupcake! When I saw this recipe on Pinterst I knew I wanted to try it but knew it had a lot more steps than what I was used to. I changed the recipe a little bit to fit what my husband and I like.


Inspiration



Ingredients

  • Spaghetti noodles ( I actually used angel hair)
  • 4 chicken breasts
  • 1 large onion
  • 7 oz mushrooms (we love mushrooms so I used 8 oz)
  • 2 10 oz cans concentrated cream of mushroom
  • 4 or 5 slices of bacon
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 2/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese
  • Butter
  • Salt & Pepper



First, I minced the onion and sliced the mushrooms.




Next, I cooked the bacon in a skillet over medium heat.



I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper and then added a little butter to the bacon grease. Then, I slightly browned the chicken on both sides and place in a casserole dish.



Then, I used the grease from the bacon to sauté the onions for a couple of minutes.



Next, I added the mushrooms to the onions and cooked it for a few minutes more until the mushrooms were soft. I also added a little bit of minced garlic.


Crumble the bacon into the onions and mushrooms and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the white wine.


Add both cans of soup and the cheese.


Mix well. Pour over the chicken breasts. Put the casserole dish in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Or until the chicken is tender and the sauce is bubbly.



While the chicken and sauce is in the oven, boil the noodles.


Once the chicken, sauce and noodles are done, spoon out the noodles on a plate and cover with the chicken and sauce. I added some parsley too!


It was absolutely delicious! I will definitely be making this again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment