Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Getting Started

Last night I was finally able to spend my Hobby Lobby gift cards I received at Christmas! My husband almost passed out when I lugged in all of my bags full of goodies to create! I just got a brand new crafting table and sewing machine and now I have lots of materials to use to get started. However, once I unloaded all of my bags I realized that I needed to organize. So, I got onto Pinterest and found this very easy project to help hide all of my unorganized organization. 

Inspiration

Supplies:

  • Plastic Storage System
  • Scrapbook paper (I used one 12x12 sheet per drawer on mine)
  • Mod Podge
  • Sponge Brush
  • Scissors
  • X-acto Knife



Mine:
First, I emptied all of the contents. Then, I gave it a good scrubbing down. This storage system was my husbands from his college dorm room and I don't think it had been cleaned in years! 


Next, I measured the drawers and cut the scrapbook paper to fit. I also cut a slit where the handle sticks out in the drawer so the paper would fit around it. 


Then, I applied a coating of Mod Podge to the entire drawer and smoothed the paper as best as I could. Finally, I applied a final coating of Mod Podge on the back of the scrapbook paper. This helped in smoothing it out and making sure it won't go anywhere. 


Here is the final product! (I was a bit too impatient to take the photo and didn't wait for the Mod Podge to completely dry). 


I have a smaller storage system that I having sitting on top of this one that I think I'm also going to do this to! It was a fun and simple project to get started on and to help me get my materials in order!

1 comment:

  1. I did this one too for the drawers in my classroom! I am definitely going to follow your blog because I've made tons of things from Pinterest, too :)

    ReplyDelete