Thursday, January 26, 2012

Burlap Wreath

So, this posting today is actually a project I did before Christmas. I was working on a project last night and it took longer than I expected and needed to dry overnight. It will be done for posting tomorrow though! Since it ended up being a two evening project, I decided to post my burlap wreath I made. I absolutely love this wreath!


Inspiration


Supplies

  • Foam Wreath (I used a 14 inch)
  • Burlap (I used 2 yards)
  • Hot Glue
  • Scissors
  • Embellishments (optional)



First, cut your burlap. I cut a long strip and wrapped it around my wreath. You could also spray paint it a close color to your burlap. This helps if there are any small gaps. Then, cut the rest of the burlap into 5 inch squares.




Now, fold a piece of the burlap in half twice and cut a curved edge around the top of the folded burlap. Also, cut the bottom point off. This give the burlap a flat bottom to help it stick to the wreath. Continue this step for all the pieces.





Then, add a lot of hot glue to the cut bottom and start attaching pieces to the wreath. Continue this step until your wreath is covered.





You can now either be finished, or you can add some embellishments. I made simple t-shirt flowers (tutorial here) and added some berries. 



I love how this wreath turned out! Red is one of my favorite colors to decorate with. I just think it adds such a nice pop of color to our door!

No comments:

Post a Comment