Monday, March 12, 2012

Ric Rac Rose

Spring is on it's way! So, to celebrate this, I decided to add a flower to my new purse I bought over the weekend. This is a neat flower tutorial that was posted to Pinterest.


Inspiration


Supplies
  • Ric Rac
  • Scissors
  • Hot glue gun
  • Pin, ring, hair piece, etc 


Cut two pieces of Ric Rac. I cut mine 22" long. 


Braid the two pieces together.


Start rolling it up to create a bud.


Continue rolling it up until you reach the end of your Ric Rac. Adding dabs of hot glue as you roll it up.


Fold the ends under the rose and hot glue it.


Fold the petals over to open up the flower, starting with the outside petals.


Hot glue a pin, hair piece or whatever you choose to the back. I attached a pin so I could add it to my bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment