Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Homemade Stain Remover

If you have a household like mine, stains happen. Somehow, stains just appear on the carpet. I've tried many different store bought stain removers and have found that most of the time, they don't really help. I saw this post on Pinterest and thought I would give it a try. It was amazing! It got up a couple of small stains that were there when we first moved into the house two years ago! I couldn't believe how well it worked and how easy (and cheap) it was to make.


Inspiration
Supplies

  • Baking Soda
  • 1 tbsp dish washing liquid
  • 1 tbsp white vinegar
  • 2 cups warm water
  • White cloth
  • Vacuum cleaner
  • Cold water






If it's a new stain, wipe up the liquid.
Sprinkle baking soda or cornstarch on stain to let absorb for 10 minutes and then vacuum.
Mix one tablespoon dish washing liquid and one tablespoon white vinegar with two cups of warm water.
Using a white cloth (colored cloths can leave their color on the carpet), sponge the stain with the detergent/vinegar solution and blot until all the liquid is absorbed.
Sponge off with cold water and blot dry.



Voila! The spots are gone! 


I tried this and forgot to take pictures. However, I have a couple more place to try it on and I will post photos then!

No comments:

Post a Comment