Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dyed Jeans

I have a pair of jeans that I love the fit of but I'm not a fan of the light color. I prefer darker jeans. I would hate to throw them out because I do really love the fit but I never wear them because I don't like the color. Luckily for me they were 99% cotton. So, I was able to buy fabric dye and darken them up!


Inspiration







Supplies

  • Article of clothing (preferably cotton)
  • Rit Dye (liquid or concentrated powder)
  • Washing Machine



Follow the directions on your package of dye. I used the concentrated powder kind. I had to dissolve it in warm water first.





Then, I filled my washing machine up with enough hot water for the jeans to move freely in. I soaked the jeans with water and squeezed out as much water as possible. Then, I added the dye filled water and tossed in the jeans. I let the washing machine go for 30 minutes before the rinse cycle started. I hung the jeans up to dry and viola! I had darker jeans!





Be sure to run your washing machine with a cup of bleach after dying in it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment