Thursday, March 1, 2012

Crystal and Pearl Cluster Necklace

I have discovered through this blog my absolute love for making jewelry. I've never really attempted it before. Now, I'm learning and discovering new things about the art of jewelry making. Most of what I'm doing now is pretty simple but I hope to continue to learn. This post is of an inspiration photo I found on Pinterest. 

Inspiration
 


Supplies
  • 4mm pearls
  • 5 6mm pearls
  • Crystals
  • Necklace chain
  • 2" head pins
  • Round nose pliers

I started with the 5 6mm pearls. I attached one to the middle of the necklace and spaced the other four on either side of the middle one symmetrically.


 

Attach the pearls by inserting a 2" head pin through the pearl. Cut down the remaining pin if long. You need just enough to create a loop at the end with the pliers. Start the loop and then wrap it around a chain link in the necklace. 


Continue adding the 4mm pearls and then add the crystals. It just takes as much as you want to create your desired fullness and volume. 


Now you have a elegant necklace to fancy up a casual outfit or to add sparkle to a dress.


No comments:

Post a Comment