Sunday, March 11, 2012

Knot Rope Bracelet

This is a really cool way to make a casual bracelet out of rope. I found this great tutorial on Pinterest. It's a bit challenging to figure out but it ends up being really neat.


Inspiration



Supplies
  • Rope (I used 4mm Bonnie Craft Cord from Hobby Lobby)
  • Scissors
  • Bracelet Clasp Ends
  • Hot Glue


First, cut your rope long enough to wrap around your wrist one and a half times. I used two pieces to add volume to my knot.


Next, start making the knot. This is where it gets a bit tricky. Here is a diagram that will hopefully help as you make the knot.

Now, melt the ends with a lighter.


Add the bracelet clasp ends. I also used a few dabs of hot glue to hold the knot in place so it won't deform while I wear it. That's it! For a couple of bucks you have a really cool rope bracelet perfect for some cute summer outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment